Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: suse like tty for ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: suse like tty for ubuntu

Actually it shouldn't require anything more than changing a few lines in the responsible config file (definitely no kernel patching required), at least that's how I did it in previous Ubuntu versions.

But like I said, the startup procedure has changed a bit since then, and as I'm happily using the graphical boot I can't really test how it would be done in 10.10.

edit:
    If you want to try it, this should work (I take no responsibility in case it doesn't work or things go horribly wrong ):

You need to edit /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh
    Find the "echo '[ ok ]" -line in the log_end_msg() (should be line 112), and replace it with following lines:
    Code:
    printf '[ '
    $TPUT setaf 2  # green
    printf ok
    $TPUT op  # normal
    echo ' ]'
    Save the file, and the "ok" messages during boot should now be green. (error messages should already have colors by default).

edit2: works fine on my 10.04 virtual machine, so it should work for 10.10 as well.
    Last edited by mcduck; December 7th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Beans

Re: suse like tty for ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
    Actually it shouldn't require anything more than changing a few lines in the responsible config file (definitely no kernel patching required), at least that's how I did it in previous Ubuntu versions.

But like I said, the startup procedure has changed a bit since then, and as I'm happily using the graphical boot I can't really test how it would be done in 10.10.
    Actually plymouth isn't working for me. I tried really a wide range of solutions. So finally I gave up and disabled plymouth and as it was looking traditional I thought of giving up some colors to it. Anyhow I'm happy with what I have now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123