Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epson NX420 printer with working scanner

Beans

Re: Epson NX420 printer with working scanner

Quote Originally Posted by daev64 View Post
    Where is this file? I can't locate it on Avasys' site, and a google turns up nothing...
    I second this. I cant find the stuff I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok,
    I have a 64-bit intel computer. I am using lucid for the operating system. I can't get it to recognize the scanner on my multi-function epson printer. I have tried to load the various files at the avasys site, but get the incompatible architecture error message.

Any suggestions.
    thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Problem resolved. I reloaded all packages and my scanner works great. In fact, I have three different scanner options to choose from: simple scan; image scan for linux; and xsane image scanner. Thanks for your prior posts that got me on the right path.

Beans

Ah... I see what people are concerned about. Trying to find the iscan and other packages? The website isn't well designed at all, making it very difficult to find them. However... if you go here: http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do Go down to the bottom opf the page, select your distribution and version, then click the tiny "next" button. Again, it is badly designed, but on this page you can find the printer driver and the three scanner packages you will need. It installs a prog called Image Scan! for Linux. You may have to restart the scanner and or the computer, but it does work. Hope this helps Cheers
    Last edited by ReginaldPerrin3; March 9th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12