Thread: OS crashes after upgrade...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OS crashes after upgrade...

i was upgrading my system and electricity went out i close the update manager and after some time when electricity came back i reselect those packages and click install (one of the packege is about xorg) at the end of the installation it says "fails to grab exclusive locks" or something like that..and i click close or Ok or yes i do not remember after that it ask me for restart the system i do it and when it again boot it stuck in a screen giving a message nvidia drivers cannot be loaded(and few more things).. but in this screen nor my mouse work or the keyboard so that i can click the ok button that is on the message box..
    i tried the recovery mode but there also it get stucked after some time and i am not even able to go to TTY. i have 9.04 installed on other partition.

i had already posted a thread on this but not much help i get so i am again posting it [old thread : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1635789]

thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: OS crashes after upgrade...

What is the sda# of the install you want to try and repair? I will give you some commands to run in other install to get into / of broken system.
    Go to first thread you started.
    Last edited by garvinrick4; December 5th, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
    Remember hence where you come and pass it down.
    Ubuntu Forums member #899097 and Ubuntu Member:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: OS crashes after upgrade...

sda3