Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Fuduntu

Beans

Re: Introducing Fuduntu

It is nice to see that Fuduntu has made it to DistroWatch.com.

Congratulation's fewt, you & your team's hard work & enthusiasm just keeps on shining through, with a sense of humour to boot! =D>

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    It is nice to see that Fuduntu has made it to DistroWatch.com.

Congratulation's fewt, you & your team's hard work & enthusiasm just keeps on shining through, with a sense of humour to boot! =D>
    Thank you!
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans
    Hidden!

Glad to see Fuduntu growing from strength to strength...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Any luck with getting F15 edition to fuduntu? I really like the Gnome 3 desktop. Great work though--I have installed on my Dell Vostro 3700 and all works well--the nvidia and broadcom drivers I fetched from the repo's--just point and click and all works (had to reboot though to take effect). Thanks.

S
    Howzit! 8) Ubuntu User #21505 Registered Linux user #408849

Quote Originally Posted by shuttleworthwannabe View Post
    Any luck with getting F15 edition to fuduntu? I really like the Gnome 3 desktop. Great work though--I have installed on my Dell Vostro 3700 and all works well--the nvidia and broadcom drivers I fetched from the repo's--just point and click and all works (had to reboot though to take effect). Thanks.

S
    Fuduntu 15 is on hold, and we are continuing to develop Fuduntu 14. I tested Fedora 15 as a base for a new version of Fuduntu, but didn't think it was ready yet. We are going to stick with our current base, and continue to improve what we have rather than jumping head first into a new distribution so quickly.

We can't really offer a mature distribution if we make our users upgrade every 6 months.

That said though, we'll have to take some action to move off of GNOME 2.x sooner or later, but we still have some time left in the Fedora 14 lifecycle so for now we can focus on more important things.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shuttleworthwannabe View Post

S
    We don't feel that Gnome 3 is appropriate for our needs at this point in time.

The team ultimately decided to continue to improve Fuduntu 14 rather than changing bases to Fedora 15. Our ultimate goal is to no longer depend upon Fedora and this is just the first step in achieving that goal.

(FYI, I'm Jeremiah at Fuduntu Forums if anyone questions the validity of this post.)

EDIT: Too late.

Beans
    Distro

As you long as the distro (fuduntu) is snappy and responsive I will continue to promote it and use it; Ubuntu has really gotten too heavy for my liking (almost Windows like).

again, well done and thanks for offering us users such a choice.

SWB

The Fuduntu team is pleased to announce the general availability of Fuduntu 14.10. This release continues our tradition of small incremental improvements bringing new versions of several important packages, and bug fixes to the Fuduntu Linux distribution.

Included in this release:
    • Linux kernel 2.6.39.1
    • Adobe Flash 10.3
    • Chromium 12
    • Shotwell 0.10.1
    • EXT4 is now our default filesystem during installation
    • Support for nVidia (akmod-nvidia), and ATI** (akmod-catalyst) proprietary drivers
    • A tool to help simplify customizing your installation
    • A Theme refresh, correcting several bugs and streamlining the look and feel.
    • New background choices
    • New tweaks to improve Flash playback
    • Bug fixes
    • As always, the quarterly patch rollup

Default Applications (for new installations only):
    • Chromium 12
    • Google Mail
    • Empathy
    • Google Docs
    • Banshee
    • VLC

With this release, the Fuduntu team has trimmed the installation media to under 1GB. Fuduntu once again fits on a 1GB USB stick.

Obligatory Screenshot:
    Fuduntu 14.10 Default:

New Background(s):

Existing Fuduntu users gain all of the benefits of 14.10 with the exception of EXT4 through their normal updates. AlterEgo is available in the Stable repository for installation by existing users (beesu yum install fuduntu-alterego).

Fuduntu Website - Fuduntu.org
    Fuduntu Community - Fuduntu Forum
    Distrowatch - Fuduntu

Download: 14.10 - 32Bit: [ Primary, Alternate ] 64Bit: [ Primary, Alternate ]

MD5 sums 32bit:2b3df7457881dd428665f93db200aa2f 64bit:9b7c5cb183ddd5b847c57151304e3752

** ATI graphics support is available in the Fuduntu repository, however due to a lack of testers with sufficient ATI hardware it is not well tested. YMMV. If you have issues with ATI support, please consider joining Fuduntu Forum to help test for future releases.
    Last edited by fuduntu; June 18th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by themarker0 View Post
    Gonna download tonight, Vmachine, might make primary OS.

Add Torrents please.

Same here! , try out before review!

Best Luck
    My Arch Linux Blog in Spanish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobonbuntu View Post
    No OS is good in itself; it is always the combination of user and OS that makes a good combination, or not.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Fuduntu, downloaded the ISO and installed the x64 bit on my Dell Vostro 3700 (nvidia gfroce gt 330m).
    I tried installing broadcom from the repo's and it does this flawlessly--have to reboot for it to take.
    But as for the nvidia drivers, the ones (akmod-nvidia) listed in the repo's do not take--the system just froze while Iwas installing; and then had to hard reboot. Would not go beyond the boot throbber. Any suggestions?
    BTW, the LiveDVD runs well, and congrats for making this version. It is so snappy.

Regards
    swb

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast