Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Fuduntu

Beans

Re: Introducing Fuduntu

Not out of the box it seems, I'm very happy with Mint LXDE 11 RC at the moment so not had a chance to figure out how to get it working. Would be nice if the drivers were included in the next Fuduntu release, Ubuntu and its derivatives seem to be the only ones who can get this right!

Quote Originally Posted by wiiija View Post
    Not out of the box it seems, I'm very happy with Mint LXDE 11 RC at the moment so not had a chance to figure out how to get it working. Would be nice if the drivers were included in the next Fuduntu release, Ubuntu and its derivatives seem to be the only ones who can get this right!
    The only way for this to be possible would be for people with this hardware to help get the hardware working with Fuduntu, and then help us package and test it between releases.

Otherwise, we are not really well positioned to support it as we can't test it.
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans

I'm more than willing to help as the distro is rather nice. I will reinstall again this week and see about getting the wireless working, I doubt it will be incredibly difficult, I have the linux drivers here so I will try a simple make and install.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiija View Post
    I'm more than willing to help as the distro is rather nice. I will reinstall again this week and see about getting the wireless working, I doubt it will be incredibly difficult, I have the linux drivers here so I will try a simple make and install.
    Sounds great! If it's as easy as make and make install then I can build a kmod package that will build them for you once you get it tested. I'd recommend starting a thread at Fuduntu Forum when you are ready to work on it more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

At first i think it is Ubuntu based OS, but it is Ubuntu and Fedora Based OS.
    It name look strange. Haha

And, did here know how about packages in this distro. Debian?

Happy Anniversary Fuduntu! Today we are officially forked, and are now an independent distribution.

Fedora: Thanks for building a solid foundation!

Fuduntu 14.12 - is now available.

http://www.fewt.com/2011/11/fuduntu-...niversary.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

is the project still running?

Got a usb with it on and tested on my dell mini9. It runs great so far, but i don't want to commit unless there is some support/continuity.

Saw it's got vlc 2.0 so that's nice.

I'm currently running LXDE mint 12, but getting annoyed with the power management in it, or lack there of and the fact that my function keys don't work in it.

Quote Originally Posted by c-m View Post
    is the project still running?

Got a usb with it on and tested on my dell mini9. It runs great so far, but i don't want to commit unless there is some support/continuity.

Saw it's got vlc 2.0 so that's nice.

I'm currently running LXDE mint 12, but getting annoyed with the power management in it, or lack there of and the fact that my function keys don't work in it.
    Yes, it is a very active project. Most of the activity occurs in #fuduntu on freenode, or at Fuduntu Forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Just registered on the forum, and introduced myself.

Need a bit of support with installation.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I promised myself to quit distro hopping for awhile, yet you guys keep pulling me back in.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast