Thread: Urban Terror Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Urban Terror Problem

Hi!
    I recently installed urban terror and really was liking it but today, it seems I can't get any servers from the master server. Any way to fix this?

Thank You!
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.

Beans

Re: Urban Terror Problem

Open console by pressing ~ whilst at the menu screen.

Type:

Code:
     /cl_master master.urbanterror.net
    Now see if it works. If it doesn't work, then type into console:

Code:
    /cl_master master.quake3arena.com
    And now it should work.

-RoflHaxBbq

Beans

IMPORTANT! You must update this to fix the server list. If you don't do this you will not be able to get a server list from the master servers!

Please change your cl_master value by entering the following line into your console.
    \cl_master "master.urbanterror.info"

Taken from: http://www.urbanterror.info/news/central/cats/masters/

Beans
    Distro

Right...I've tried doing what both you and the game site suggest and the game tells me that cl_master is not a valid command. I opened the config in my home directory and searched for this line...but there is no line for cl_master only sv_master so I changed THAT to what they suggest...saved and loaded the game and it still tries to pull from .net. Went back to the config and it had automatically changed back to .net even though I changed it to .info.
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.

Beans
    Distro

For those still having this same problem, you can also follow this thread at the games' forum... http://forums.urbanterror.info/topic/24243-no-servers/

Beans
    Distro

The old server is back online.... yay!