Thread: Toshiba Satellite L650 - Can't install Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Toshiba Satellite L650 - Can't install Ubuntu

hi folks,
    I know i'm not in the minority with my issue, I cannot get past the purple boot page, i've tried APCI=off, noapic, noalpic modes and all I get is the kernel helper line at the end of a long stream of console messages. Can anyone shed some more light. I've enjoyed Ubuntu on previous laptops, but >V9 of ubuntu seems to be causing issues.

Beans

Re: Toshiba Satellite L650 - Can't install Ubuntu

i think the best thing to do is try to complie your own kernel or just with the older version of Ubuntu i have A Toshiba Satelilte L600 it pretty much the same as yours just with differnt hardware addons. news Toshiba dont really work friendly with Ubuntu i one time had a harddrive crash and lost all my data i am not shour if it was cause but lucida but it was toshia i think. also if you have ubuntu on toshiba laptops sometimes you have to work around in getting the battery sensor to work cause ubuntu doesnt see it even though you run a battery check and it shows up. sometimes i am on my laptop and all of a sudden the computer go off which i know the battery is totally flat but ubuntu will not show you the battery status.