Thread: Touchscreen Pressure Sensitivity, Drawing Applications?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Touchscreen Pressure Sensitivity, Drawing Applications?

This is very over my head, so forgive me for not understanding the implications of trying to do this. Okay, here goes:

I'm running Lucid on an Asus T101MT tablet netbook with a resistive screen which works with an eGalax driver per these instructions: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT I have pressure sensitivity in Mypaint and Gimp, with no luck in other applications.

In all the Windows painting applications I have run via wine, I am able to use the tablet screen but there is no pressure sensitivity. I'm not sure if that means that some sort of proxy would have to be written to achieve the desired result. What I'm guessing is that my screen registers as a touchscreen under Wine, which as I understand makes it act as a mouse with no Z axis. Is it possible to force wine to process my touchscreen as a tablet? My ultimate fantasy would be to have pressure sensitivity in any version of OpenCanvas (with preference to older versions, especially 4.5 plus)but I would be pretty excited to have pressure sensitivity anywhere.

Thanks for reading. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Touchscreen Pressure Sensitivity, Drawing Applications?

Alright, how about an (unrelated) variation:

Is there a way to get it to be recognized as a tablet within Linux, while still using the eGalax drivers?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Touchscreen Pressure Sensitivity, Drawing Applications?

I mean, if it's not possible within reason let me know. If there's any way you can help me to understand, any way at all, I would be thankful of it.