Thread: Ubuntu Adverts! :D

Beans

Ubuntu Adverts! :D

Hey all!

I'm Project Leader of the Ubuntu Advertising Team, and we've got a small problem; we need more people!

We are soon to start creating public-facing adverts for the public. We have official backing (if we do a good job) but require...

Animators!

Photographers!

Graphics Artists!

Musicians!

Authors!

The more people we get onboard, the better the end result will be. So please, sign up, sign up!

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-advertising

Trust me, this is gonna be fun

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu Adverts! :D

I have been an ubuntu user since 2005 and I still don't know how to use the launchpad website or the wiki for that matter.

anyway I would love to help out, I am a musician and recording/mixing engineer. I just clicked "join this group" on the launchpad link, is that all I am supposed to do?
    Ubuntu - pass it on and share the spirit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Ubuntu Adverts! :D

Oh I am ALL over this. Enter one (1) new musician, graphic designer and author for the cause!

¡Viva Ubuntu!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw92 View Post
    I have been an ubuntu user since 2005 and I still don't know how to use the launchpad website or the wiki for that matter.

anyway I would love to help out, I am a musician and recording/mixing engineer. I just clicked "join this group" on the launchpad link, is that all I am supposed to do?
    Almost! It would help if you subscribed to the mailing list as well, which you'll find on the same screen (unless it's signed you up already. Launchpad can be clever like that! )

Welcome to the team!

idi0tf0wl: Good man! (or woman...you never know on here! ) Spread the word, boys and girls, Ubuntu is gonna go public

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sounds pretty wicked. I could try and give a hand.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just clicked the join button over on Launchpad, which you'll see as RobinHoover.

Maybe I'll be able to make an animation contribution. To serve as a "resume" introduction, feel free to take a look at this now embarrassing free-time effort from a couple of years ago (Vimeo kinda crushed the quality too):

http://vimeo.com/4877161

good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
    Just clicked the join button over on Launchpad, which you'll see as RobinHoover.

Maybe I'll be able to make an animation contribution. To serve as a "resume" introduction, feel free to take a look at this now embarrassing free-time effort from a couple of years ago (Vimeo kinda crushed the quality too):

http://vimeo.com/4877161

good luck!
    That animation is actually pretty impressive. It's simple, yet it's visually pleasing. Seeing ads similar to that on TV would be awesome. Also dig the particle animation you also did. Reminded me off a similar animation used on the Animax channel. http://vimeo.com/12169940
    Last edited by KolorGuild; December 5th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Beans

Wouldn't it be better if you recommended libre tools for making the advert?
    I am sure blender could do that

Beans

F/OSS tools are preferable, but we're short on animators (a lot then I thought we'd be, but then again, Blender is pretty complex tool)