Thread: Xcopy, I know somebody here knows this goody

Beans

Exclamation Xcopy, I know somebody here knows this goody

I know this is a Ubuntu forum, but there's some damn smart people here, and I was hoping somebody could help me out.

I'm in recovery manager trying to move files off the computer onto a thumb drive, yes I only have a thumb drive so I don't want to use the backup Utility. I'm using the command prompt and have a ton of picture folders and sub folders that I'd like to copy before resetting the computer to factory settings, I know that Xcopy will help me do it, I just don't know how. I want to copy every single document from the pictures folder. anybody have any idea how?
    crappy netbook that's barely hanging on, thank you linux for giving my dumb computer license to soar!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Xcopy, I know somebody here knows this goody

Quote Originally Posted by ibootindos View Post
    I know this is a Ubuntu forum, but there's some damn smart people here, and I was hoping somebody could help me out.

I'm in recovery manager trying to move files off the computer onto a thumb drive, yes I only have a thumb drive so I don't want to use the backup Utility. I'm using the command prompt and have a ton of picture folders and sub folders that I'd like to copy before resetting the computer to factory settings, I know that Xcopy will help me do it, I just don't know how. I want to copy every single document from the pictures folder. anybody have any idea how?

try
    Code:
    xcopy <source folder name> <destination folder name> /s
    omit the tags