Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still dealing with Lucid suspend video issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Still dealing with Lucid suspend video issue

Hibernate doesn't work. I get a bunch of error messages.

As far as BIOS settings are concerned, I have the following settings:
    P-States <Enabled>
    Hyper Threading Support <Enabled>
    C-States <Enabled>
    Enhanced C-States <Enabled>
    C6-State <Enabled>

This: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Atom/I...66EE014DT.html is my board. Yes, it's an Atom board, and yes it supports suspend to ram.

When I press a key on the keyboard, all of the lights light up on it for a quick second, but nothing else happens.

According to the Synaptic Package Manager, I have the latest version of pm-utils (1.3.0-1ubuntu2) and pm-utils-powersave-policy (0.3.1)
    Last edited by nerdybrunette; December 2nd, 2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I hit the submit button before I was done

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

"When I press a key on the keyboard, all of the lights light up on it for a quick second, but nothing else happens."

Ahha !

Two suggestions.

1: Try ACPI=Linux in Grub

2. Note the computers time of day ...suspend / resume ( using the keyboard first ), then have a look at the logs in /var/log ; in particular pm-suspend and pm-powersave.

pm-suspend takes a bit to get used to but the idea is that it puts the state of the computer away, goes to sleep, and when it wakes up it reverses the order of what it put away, if you will. It should be here that you find what is not happening. The order should be 1,2,3, etc, etc, -suspend then -awake, etc,etc,3,2,1.

Take a lOOk !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No luck with the acpi=linux option

What sucks is that I'm booting from a stick (I can't install it to the HD) so there is no help for me concerning messages in log files from shutdown - as they don't exist when I boot back up.

I'm sure those would give me very valuable information concerning what's happening here, especially since I hear an noise signifying that an error message or something is popping up (which I of course, cannot see) after I hit the power button to bring it back from suspend, and it fails.

Beans
    Distro

Get rid of the "quiet splash" option in grub.....you may see more of the error messages.

Can you clone the stick ? If so, boot with each, put one to sleep and use the other to look at the messages. Perhaps 1/2 of the process would be in /var/log/pm-suspend ?

You may not want to hear this, but some things have taken me months to figure out - but I did and it was worth it. Great way to learn.....

Ciao !
    Last edited by Ceyx; December 3rd, 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyx View Post
    Get rid of the "quiet splash" option in grub.....you may see more of the error messages.

Can you clone the stick ? If so, boot with each, put one to sleep and use the other to look at the messages. Perhaps 1/2 of the process would be in /var/log/pm-suspend ?

You may not want to hear this, but some things have taken me months to figure out - but I did and it was worth it. Great way to learn.....

Ciao !
    Ceyx, thanks a lot for all of your input.

I've decided to take a break from this issue for a while, and hopefully when I return to it, it will be with fresh eyes!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Beans
    Distro

HeH...taking a break always works for me !

Let me know when you are back on the air - perhaps we can figure it out yet..

Ciao !

Beans
    Distro

:d
    Last edited by Ceyx; January 14th, 2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Duplicate...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12