Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vista article explaining the dissapointment

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Re: Vista article explaining the dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by BoyOfDestiny
    There are some differences now. Back then the more "tech" savvy users had win2k. For games and driver support, people were using 98SE (and sadly some people windows ME == 98+crap). How many home users did you know with win2k? I knew none.
    The jump from 98 to XP is a big one, due to the 9x kernel and all the problems that went with it, not to mention fat32 to ntfs.
    Back then i worked for a OEM builder, we shipped lots of 98se when ME was there we did it for a short time and when 2k was there we shipped again lots of it.

ME was big crap at that time very instabiel but people did buy it and used it. A few complained but the majorty didn't know better.

For you and me 98 to xp is a big step but for people that don't know anything it isn't. Its just another preinstalled OS on there new and shiny pc.

People will take this crap and they will do it also with vista. And remember also thats still a beta/rc and lots of things can be changed (speed,looks).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by [U
    BoyOfDestiny[/U]]windows ME == 98+crap
    I used it once. I think its just windows ME = crap, unless ofcourse you had win98 = crap in your book as well

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quoted from article:
    Because it failed so obviously with Vista, my guess is that Microsoft is a bit gun shy about major OS releases and will be for some time.
    Well, with Edgy Eft, you can say Ubuntu is trigger happy!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Vista article explaining the dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    So, it's going to suck, it's going to treat the user like a moron, and the suckers are going to lap it up anyway. This is why I say that some people deserve to use Microsoft Windows.

True, Thats true , most people just don't understand what there doing anyway so when they see this shiny new OS they'll be grabbing it up left and right..
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    Registered Linux user #419240.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123