Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start up - black screen - different context - Toshiba Satellite L670D-11Q

Beans

Re: Start up - black screen - different context - Toshiba Satellite L670D-11Q

Hello
    I just got a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5056 and am having similar problems. I was also having problems with booting cds. One trick I found with tat problem is when I power up with the cd in the drive I enter the bios and move across to exit and do an exit saving changes and when it restarts the cd boots. If I don't do this the cd doesn't boot.
    I also have to shut off acpi as if I don't the usb doesn't work. If you do the way mentioned above by editing the grub config, you should run "sudo update-grub" as the changes will not go into the boot file unless you do.
    This whole thing has been frustrating to me as this is a nice laptop and I want to run Ubuntu in a normal fashion, also I hate to see ******* working better than Linux.
    Good luck, hope I was able to help a bit.

Bob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Start up - black screen - different context - Toshiba Satellite L670D-11Q

I am sorry for the not replying faster. Thank you bovent and kd4dii for your replys.

Bovent the first thing I did is what you advised me but it did not work out. Now I use the netbook version of Ubuntu and it works good. Only the mic does not work, sadly...

kd4dii it turned out that windows cds are corrupted. So at least I know I have a healthy laptop.

Anyway a bit offtopic, this machine has an awful bios in terms of options. I gives you no flexibility at all. Sadly for the lazy, you never know until the box arrives at your door

Hope this topic will help somebody in future, cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12