Hi!

I live in Sweden and Denmark, and have a Swedish 3G internet provider called 3. They have a special roaming agreement with the Danish company named the same, so that I can surf for free both within the 3 net in Sweden and in Denmark. This has worked very smoothly until recently, when my modem connected to another company here in Denmark, and I was charged for the surfing per MB (a lot of money per MB, luckily I got a warning message in my browser and stopped).
The company now says that they cannot block my modem from using all foreign networks except theirs, so they've blocked it from all surfing outside Sweden - which means I cannot surf in Denmark. If I was using Windows, their application however could block the unwanted networks...

But then I saw this field "Network" under "Advanced" in the Network Connections->Mobile Broadband box. What is that for? Can I tell it to connect only to e.g. networks called "3"? I've searched the net for any information about this textbox without success.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and the modem is a Huawei E122, which I've got to work with some usbmodeswitch fiddling.