Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN issues on Maverick

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Re: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN issues on Maverick

Don't worry about the message from when you modprobe'd ndiswrapper. After you did that, did your wireless come up?

Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN issues on Maverick

Eeer, no? Well, anyways, should something different come up on the Drivers page? Or anything? Do I have to activate the Broadcom STA wireless driver? Or it must be off to work?

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Re: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN issues on Maverick

You would be fighting a losing battle trying to use ndiswrapper/ndisgtk and using the restricted driver as well. If the STA driver shows in System/Administration/Additional Drivers, then I would strongly suggest using it. To do, some things have to be backed out:

- open a terminal window (Applications/Accessories/Terminal)

- type:

sudo ndiswrapper -l <press enter> Where that's a lower case "L" for "list".

For each device returned above:

sudo ndiswrapper -e xxxxxx <press enter> Where xxxxxx is the device returned above

Repeat this until nothing is returned in a list.

- try activating the STA driver. I noticed some of the Broadcom stuff is in your blacklist.conf file, so I don't know if any of those would affect the STA driver or not.

It would also probably be wise to remove ndiswrapper and ndisgtk for now - remove them via Synaptic Package Manager.

You also want to check the /etc/modules file. If ndiswrapper shows in that file, delete the line containing it.

Just for fun, reboot, then try the wireless again. (The reboot will sort of clear everything out so you are starting on the latest updates to the modules file and using the STA driver).

Post back if you have any problems or questions, and also let us know if this works for you or not.

Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Re: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN issues on Maverick

Sorry for taking so much time to answer, but I did what you told me and HOLY PLASTICVILLE it is working! Eternal kudos to you, sir Dave, knight of the new guys.
    Last edited by JoeLeeto; December 13th, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12