Thread: Warranty Support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Warranty Support

While I was typing today, the "S" key must popped off the keyboard of my Starling, and I can't reseat it. No problem, I thought. I purchased the three-year support package.

I went to the System76 Web site, and with a minimum amount of digging around found the warranty section. (I wish the information was in the "Contact" section; the general category for warranty and returns is buried at the bottom of the screen.) I then scrolled through all the standard boiler plate and in the middle of all that, I found a phone number to call (888.468.6482.). Calling the number is an exercise in frustration because you get the message that the number is no longer in service.

There was an email address, so I've tried that. Will see how that turns out.

I was super-pleased with the service and attention to detail when I purchased the Starling. The folks on this forum, both users and company reps, have always been helpful. I've recommended System76 on different mailing lists and to friends. I thought the machine was well-built, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I'm not a heavy-touch typist, so it shouldn't have popped off like it did; it makes me worry about the other keys.

If my past experiences are any gauge, the repair process should be rather simple and pain-free. The discontinued phone number gives me pause though. I haven't seen anyone talk about warranty repair service here. I'll let you know how it goes.

mcm
    Mark C. Miller
    Indianapolis Indiana

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Warranty Support

Quote Originally Posted by Eyore15 View Post
    While I was typing today, the "S" key must popped off the keyboard of my Starling, and I can't reseat it. No problem, I thought. I purchased the three-year support package.

I went to the System76 Web site, and with a minimum amount of digging around found the warranty section. (I wish the information was in the "Contact" section; the general category for warranty and returns is buried at the bottom of the screen.) I then scrolled through all the standard boiler plate and in the middle of all that, I found a phone number to call (888.468.6482.). Calling the number is an exercise in frustration because you get the message that the number is no longer in service.

There was an email address, so I've tried that. Will see how that turns out.

I was super-pleased with the service and attention to detail when I purchased the Starling. The folks on this forum, both users and company reps, have always been helpful. I've recommended System76 on different mailing lists and to friends. I thought the machine was well-built, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I'm not a heavy-touch typist, so it shouldn't have popped off like it did; it makes me worry about the other keys.

If my past experiences are any gauge, the repair process should be rather simple and pain-free. The discontinued phone number gives me pause though. I haven't seen anyone talk about warranty repair service here. I'll let you know how it goes.

mcm
    I just called the number to check it out & it is alive and well.
    Also, if you click the contacts tab on their website, the phone number is right out in the open, no squinting or searching required.

jdb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Warranty Support

Yep, you can always use the 720-226-9269 number, as it's still up.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!