Thread: No Sound from a connected bluetooth headset

Beans
    Hidden!

No Sound from a connected bluetooth headset

First i guess i have to say i'm using mint 10. I'm not sure if it's that different from maverick, but I'm putting that out there just in case.
    Well, the problem is I have a bluetooth headset which i think is mainly used for cell phones to be honest, but I've connected to my laptop. (HP dv7-3080)
    Apparently, it connects fine with no problems, but I can't get sound to play from the bt headset.
    I've gone to sound preferences and choose the bt headset as my device in the output tab, but nothing happens.. actually, i take that back. sound stops playing from my laptop, but nothing comes out of my headset.
    Anyway, what i want is to mute sound from my laptop and have it play from my headset. i was wondering if there is any way to fix this, or if there's something i'm missing, or something else i've got to do so i can get sound from the headset..
    Any help would be appreciated.

Btw, i also can't get any input from the BT headset either. when i go to the input tab in sound preferences and select the headset, it doesn't pick up any input either. my main focus is the output, but i'd like to be able to input from the BT headset too if i could...
    Last edited by sleepee; November 27th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.