Thread: dos2unix vs tofrodos

Beans

dos2unix vs tofrodos

Is dos2unix better than tofrodos or vice versa? I remember in the lucid repository it only had tofrodos and not dos2unix. In the maverick it has both.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: dos2unix vs tofrodos

Quote Originally Posted by COKEDUDE View Post
    Is dos2unix better than tofrodos or vice versa? I remember in the lucid repository it only had tofrodos and not dos2unix. In the maverick it has both.
    I am not sure of the difference between the two (besides package name) and I think you could use either (meaning I do not think one is better then another).
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

dos2unix handles mac newlines also, along with many other character conversions which tofrodos doesn't. But the latter can make backups, etc.

Check out their manpages at

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...fromdos.1.html

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...os2unix.1.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.