Thread: iTunes running in 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

iTunes running in 10.10

I was using the gnome-shell for a little bit to get accustomed to the coming change in march but I removed it. Shortly after, I decided to update my wine, and get the lastest itunes.exe. I save the exe, allowed executing permissions and ran the install. IT WORKED. I did not allow it to be my default player, and I did not allow autorun. whenever i open it says installation error but I hit ok and I am graced with itunes. I still can sync my iphone with it, I guess it can't recognize it.

occasional crashes when I get click happy but playback works most of the time. some times i have to logout in order to try it again. authorized itunes purchases work thru it.

tell me what you guys think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: iTunes running in 10.10

by the way, the itunes window is glitchy in some areas

Beans

Re: iTunes running in 10.10

Quote Originally Posted by SebSmith View Post
    I was using the gnome-shell for a little bit to get accustomed to the coming change in march but I removed it. Shortly after, I decided to update my wine, and get the lastest itunes.exe. I save the exe, allowed executing permissions and ran the install. IT WORKED. I did not allow it to be my default player, and I did not allow autorun. whenever i open it says installation error but I hit ok and I am graced with itunes. I still can sync my iphone with it, I guess it can't recognize it.

occasional crashes when I get click happy but playback works most of the time. some times i have to logout in order to try it again. authorized itunes purchases work thru it.

tell me what you guys think.
    I tested today on ubuntu 10.04 and it works here too. It's slow but my pc is old. I was able to listen to a few preview of songs from the store and browsed the ipad app store. I don't have any idevices jet, so I was not able to test any connections. It's my first time with itunes so I had some trouble to understand the logic.
    SebSmith you don't have to logout to take wine down. I used "wineserver -k" a few times from the command-line.