Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sanity please: No one has said that Ubuntu will become rolling-release

Beans

Re: Sanity please: No one has said that Ubuntu will become rolling-release

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    Is it care or just loyalty? This forum is a good one really the best I have found.
    It is care for the community. (I actually haven't used Ubuntu for years.) I care for the Linux, BSD, Haiku, Amiga & most other alternatives to the prime systems that are driven firstly by promotion & then by leveraging the general populace's often unconscious addiction to the paradigms of consumerism.

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    Really though things change, people change, and we have to try to adapt, if we can't; we move on if you get my drift.
    Yes, I get your drift.

If something doesn't suit us, why would we keep using it?

Though it is just a tad more complex than that sounds, as I'm sure you understand...
    Last edited by handy; November 26th, 2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: disambiguation

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Sanity please: No one has said that Ubuntu will become rolling-release

Quote Originally Posted by hhh View Post
    This statement made me think that they also are looking for ways not to lose more users. I mean, right now Ubuntu doesn't have the best implementation of Gnome (Debian Gnome runs lighter and faster)
    Agreed the default Ubuntu gnome is heavy on memory and processor, but isn't that by design to enable the dodads and bling that are associated with the 'user experience'? Recent hardware is fast enough so you don't notice.

A netinstall of cli ubuntu 10.04 with gnome-core and gdm screams along and uses less than 100Mb ram on start up on my T42, see signature.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234