Thread: ASUS Eee replacement battery

Beans

ASUS Eee replacement battery

So I just bought myself the Eee 1001pxb and I'm loving it. I went with this model because it was $50 cheaper than the next one up (1005hab) at best buy, but had less battery life. People had been saying they got 4 hours out of it, but I haven't hit that... I'm thinking about getting a replacement 6-cell for it, which will be about $50 (but then I have TWO batteries!). But here's my question: Are all batteries for the Eee pcs the same? (at least for the 'seashell' models?) If I were to buy a battery saying it was for 1005 series and I got one, does anyone know if it would fit my 1001pxb? Or even then, does my 1001pxb fit into the '1000' series, or does it need to be a '1001' series?

Beans

Re: ASUS Eee replacement battery

Sounds like you have the same quandary I faced when looking for a higher capacity battery for my Acer Aspire One (for which there are a multitude of models).

I found I could eventually work out which batteries would fit mine by comparing the detail on several different battery sales sites.

One of them, for which I have a link, is 365 battery

and I found them via a google search.

Good luck in your search
    Derek

Beans

Thanks for that. I didn't find anything there though that matched my exact model... Frustrating. Plus I couldn't even figure out how to display prices in USD. I did however find a vendor on Amazon that I may go with, they have my part number and everything. I guess all I have to do is match the specific battery part number huh? If it replaces battery 'xyz' then I have to make sure my battery is also part number 'xyz'. Cool. I'll try that.

Beans

OK,
    sorry about it being a purely UK site, with prices set accordingly. I realised that this wouldn't be to your liking, but it was the one I used after extensive other sites search, so reckoned it could be a start.

Good Hunting
    Derek

Beans

No problem. I appreciate the assistance either way.