Thread: Lucid freezes with compat wireless patch

Beans

Lucid freezes with compat wireless patch

Hey Guys,

I've got an atheros ar9287 based card with the ath9k driver from the base install of lucid and I installed a compat wireless patch via this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1598930

to fix the issue of the card being stuck on a given channel when using aircrack. Now, my system freezes up after about a minute or two. If I leave the wireless card off, everything runs fine no problem. I uninstalled the compat wireless driver via the readme just make uninstall in the compat-wireless folder, but I still get the freezes. So I assume it has something to do with the patches.

I have no idea how to remove the patches. Can anyone help me with this or is there a way to get everything up and running so the original problem of being stuck on a channel is fixed?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Lucid freezes with compat wireless patch

bump...please help would love to get my wireless working properly again.

Beans

I think I got it solved by uninstalling the backports and reinstalling them...not exactly sure what that did, but it seems to be working now for anyone that comes up with a similar problem

Beans

ssc351,
    I haven't seen this mentioned on other forums but I'm getting the same freezes you described since I installed the patch last night. can you explain how you removed the backports and reinstalled them? This would mean undoing the patch such that aircrack-ng no longer works, right?

Thanks

Beans

Im also having trouble with this, posted on the forum but thought I would bump this up if its ok to do so, to see if the original poster is still around to offer advice on uninstalling and reinstalling backports, ide like to know which modules were uninstalled..
    Last edited by jaylc005; December 3rd, 2011 at 01:10 AM.