Thread: Trying to get sound to work on digital in

Beans

Trying to get sound to work on digital in

Alright, just installed maverick, got the sound to work great on the 7.1 with pulseaudio. works great in movies, and everything else just wonderfully. the only thing i am stumped by is how to get the sound to loop from my digital input on my soundcard to my analog speakers also on the same soundcard. i know the sound feed works on the input as the makeshift VU meter/bar on my digital input in the sound preferences moves, but i can't get the sound to actually come through on my speakers. any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

Beans

Re: Trying to get sound to work on digital in

bump??

anyone with some info on this yet? its the onboard alc889a chipset.

Beans

Re: Trying to get sound to work on digital in

i am also having this problem. i have a creative labs xtremem music pci-e version. i can get the sound to work with aplay | arecord with the right variables in there, but it is horrifically lagged and gets worse the longer i use it. i am attempting to use the optical spdif input on my soundcard and have the sound loop out to my analog 5.1 output on the same card. i have tried many articles and the help they have provided, but am still at the same place i was in the beginning, and that is i cannot get it to loop through with no lag. this seems to be a very common issue, and yet, there is very little help in the community on how to resolve this issue. i would love to use ubuntu full time, but with this one issue nagging me, i cannot use it full time yet. i hope that a resolution to this issue could come quickly. i know this post is over 2 years old, but the person who originally asked the question had not been answered yet. thank you for your time, and i will post anything that needs to be posted, just help a fellow out here, throw me a bone or something!!