Thread: Getting Wireless Setup in Kubuntu

Beans

Cool Getting Wireless Setup in Kubuntu

I am a new Linux user and Maverick Meerkat happens to be my first Linux system i installed. Setting up wireless was pretty easy in GNOME as it displayed my wireless system and i just entered the WEP key and i was all set.
    I decided to install KDE. After i installed KDE i wanted to setup internet There. However the KNetwork manager is not as friendly as Network Manager. It does detect my wireless router, but after i enter the WEP key it does not get connected.
    It was asking me all sorts of question like SSID which i did not use in GNOME at all and neither do i know that information.
    I tried wcid network manager but removing network-manager and knetwork manager.
    wcid did get connected to my wireless but it was unable to acquire my IP address. (please do note that both k-network manager and wcid network manager work well with wired internet connection).
    Could you please help me setup internet in KDE? the truth is internet responds better in KDE than GNOME for my computer somehow. So i just wanted to use that alternatively.
    Your help is much appreciated

Beans

Re: Getting Wireless Setup in Kubuntu

My WireLess Adapter's name is Intel® WiFi Link 510. Just in case if that helps