Thread: Having problems with pygtk

Beans

Having problems with pygtk

Hello! I'm having problems with the pygtk package. I believe that it is properly installed but when other programs try to access it, it can't be found. On the Synaptic Package Manager it says that python-gtk2-dev version 2.24.0-3 is installed but when I trying importing it in python it says the package cannot be found( I found out that this is one way to verify if the package is installed correctly). I've tried re-installing it a couple times but It hasn't seemed to fix the problem.

I'm a newbie to Ubuntu so any and all help would be appreciated.

Beans

Re: Having problems with pygtk

Quote Originally Posted by bkama1 View Post
    Hello! I'm having problems with the pygtk package. I believe that it is properly installed but when other programs try to access it, it can't be found. On the Synaptic Package Manager it says that python-gtk2-dev version 2.24.0-3 is installed but when I trying importing it in python it says the package cannot be found( I found out that this is one way to verify if the package is installed correctly). I've tried re-installing it a couple times but It hasn't seemed to fix the problem.

I'm a newbie to Ubuntu so any and all help would be appreciated.
    It seems that you have missing dependencies. Do, 'sudo apt-get build-dep python-gtk2' which will download and install all required dependencies.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shafi.dude99 View Post
    It seems that you have missing dependencies. Do, 'sudo apt-get build-dep python-gtk2' which will download and install all required dependencies.
    Thanks shafi. This command definitely updated a few things but still no luck with pygtk when I try to import it in python. . Any other ideas??
    Last edited by bkama1; June 4th, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Beans

Bump for great justice. Anyone have any suggestions?

Beans

Still looking for some assistance here. Not sure what I should do.

Just tried this basically: http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=sh...=faq01.010.htp

but didn't really change anything apparently.