Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Hybrid View

Beans

iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

iOS 4.2.1 was released today. I upgraded through iTunes on a Windows machine. I had a problem that a lot of people are having though, where all of my songs are missing. So, the workaround that other people are using involves the iTunes that you normally sync your music with. Obviously I sync my music with my ubuntu, so that doesn't work.

I came home tonight and my computer isn't even recognizing my iPhone when I plug it in. So now I've got an iPhone with no music and an OS that's oblivious to it. >_<

Beans

Re: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Caldur06 View Post
    iOS 4.2.1 was released today. I upgraded through iTunes on a Windows machine. I had a problem that a lot of people are having though, where all of my songs are missing. So, the workaround that other people are using involves the iTunes that you normally sync your music with. Obviously I sync my music with my ubuntu, so that doesn't work.

I came home tonight and my computer isn't even recognizing my iPhone when I plug it in. So now I've got an iPhone with no music and an OS that's oblivious to it. >_<
    I've heard you can rollback your iPhone "upgrades" through iTunes. Is there anything you need 4.2.1 for? I wonder if locking out non-iTunes interfaces is one of 4.2.1 "improvements".

Beans

Exclamation Re: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Same issue here as well. Upgraded iPhone to iOS 4.2 on my 3G and had to 'resync' to see my music on the phone. However, since then the phone will not connect through Rhythmbox.

Beans

I am having the same problem after updating to iOS 4.2. I can not mount the iphone so I cannot copy the pictures to the computer.

Beans

Same problem with me.

Beans

Unhappy Re: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Yeah. Same here.
    Ubuntu 10.10 with iOS 4.2.1.

Beans

Arrow Re: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Caldur06 View Post

so you come to Ubuntu Forums?????, i mean you could get some help here but why? is there not somwhare better to go asking about proprietary software?

Beans

Code:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa  
    sudo apt-get update  
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    these steps are working for me
    Last edited by zero13th; May 10th, 2011 at 07:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Has anyone tried this with iphone4 with firmware 4.2.1 (upward) and successfully managed to put music ONTO it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Weve put music onto it.. and it IS there.. But as others have mentioned, The iPhones Database does not show the new song is there.

Nobody has answered that .. ALL Important issue yet.

Perhaps this issue should be spun off into its own thread ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast