Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft office 2007 installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Microsoft office 2007 installation

I recommend Playonlinux for installing Office 2007. It makes running Office 2007 much easier than messing around with Wine. It does all the Winetricks stuff and Library overrides behind the scene. Try it, it works. It's in the Software Center.
    Last edited by marl30; December 1st, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Beans

Re: Microsoft office 2007 installation-(PROBLEM SOLVED)

Thanks everyone for the insights you provided on the installation of Office 2007 in ubuntu. I'm now happily using Office on my lovely ubuntu. Anyone who has problems with installing windows applications on ubuntu,please do not hesitate to conduct me or anyone.

Thanks again everyone.

UBUNTU FOREVER

Beans

Followed instructions in post #6, and also did playonlinux - same result: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are all fine but the rest of the programs, crash. Especially unstable are: Publisher and Onenote.

Any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tora201 View Post
    Followed instructions in post #6, and also did playonlinux - same result: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are all fine but the rest of the programs, crash. Especially unstable are: Publisher and Onenote.

Any ideas?
    Publisher is not currently compatible in Wine, Onenote also has problems. You likely won't get them to work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I have MS Office 2007 installed with no problems, including Publisher and Onenote.

I have downloaded the blue edition of MS Office, it has the license code already in it, so you do not need to enter enything.
    I used the following steps: http://ubuntu-reference-guide.blogsp...osoft%20office
    I dont know if you already have it installed correctly now, but in case it might help you I post this anyway.
    desktop: Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit | AMD64 Athlon II X3 | 3.2 GHz | 4GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD4250
    netbook: Ubuntu 12.10 32-bit| AAO ZG5 | Intel Atom | 1.6 GHz | 1GB RAM | Intel 945GSE Express

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12