Thread: Pardon Request

Beans
    Hidden!

Pardon Request

It's nearly been a year now, and the fact that infractions are still listed on my account make this a cold place to be.

Could these please be removed?

Thank You

Beans

Re: Pardon Request

The infractions remain as part of the record. They are visible only to you and staff. We do not remove them.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I would also be against remiving them in this case, however, to build on what KiwiNZ said, your infractions have also expired, and you haven't received any since, which indicates that they have served their original purpose.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454 View Post
    which indicates that they have served their original purpose.
    If this is the case why am I still being punished for an objective that is now complete? What purpose is the punishment serving if the situation is resolved?

Beans
    Hidden!

At the very least, could the description be updated to more accurately reflect what I actually did. It is currently listed as a personal insult which implies that I insulted another board member directly. This is primarily what offends me because I have never in my life done that and the thought of it tears my heart. I did however criticize a public figure which where I live is known as "fair comment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_comment#Canada

I deeply regret that I may have offended someone. I was going on what I know, what my culture knows. However even with my best intentions my conduct was ignorant of others. I forgot about the far reach of the internet, and the diverse community that it serves. I'm sorry that for a moment I was ethnocentric in my thoughts, sometimes passion can get a hold of us.

Over this past year I have been able to read openrespect.org and "Computer Ethics and Professional Responsibility" edited by Terrel Ward Bynum and Simon Rogerson. I have learned a lot and have had my eyes opened to situations that I had not considered before. Sometimes even when these feelings, thoughts and ideas exist in ones mind it takes someone to light them up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bonfire89 View Post
    If this is the case why am I still being punished for an objective that is now complete? What purpose is the punishment serving if the situation is resolved?

You aren't still being punished for it. The infractions have expired (one was actually reversed), and are only their as a historical item. Should anything ever happen again in future (which I doubt it will), these items will still be there to remind staff of what has happened previously.

As for changing the description, I don't believe there's any way this can be changed once the infraction/warning has been issued.

Beans
    Hidden!

it still hurts seeing it there.

but, thank you for your time.