Thread: Dell E6410 issues

Beans

Dell E6410 issues

Hi,
    So I'm new to the ubuntu world and I own the Dell Latitude E6410. I'm having the same issues as others such as the touchpad scrolling not working, and failed to load i915 symbols, graphics turbo disabled.

Have you guys seen this posted on ubuntu ...
    http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certificat...e/201001-5167/
    Basically, Ubuntu says that this laptop has been Certified for Ubuntu 64-bit and that owners of the laptop should contact Dell for more information. When I contacted Dell support they said that they only support Windows and gave me the following phone number for Ubuntu support (1-866-9UBUNTU). Well this happens to be Ubuntu's paid support service by Canonical.

Well if there's a Certified ISO for this laptop, has anyone gotten it and used it? Does it fix the various issues that people with the E6410 have been encountering? Where can I get it and try it?

Thanks for any help on this subject.
    Last edited by chillyice9; November 22nd, 2010 at 04:24 AM.

Beans

Re: Dell E6410 issues

So has any of the Dell owners or Dell E6410 owners seen this weblink or something like it?

How about any ubuntu lovers? What does being ubuntu certified mean?

Beans

If someone has a dell e6410 with the certified ubuntu pre-installed, can you reply to this post? Thanks
    Last edited by chillyice9; December 2nd, 2010 at 03:26 AM.

Beans

Hi,

I don't have a Dell E6410 but I'm thinking of getting one. I'm still trying to find out the configuration they used for the certification.

The Ubuntu image you are looking for is here ftp://ftp.dell.com/OS

Regards
    Adsworth

Beans

Thanks for the link.

When I get a chance, I'll give it a try and see how it works. I probably won't get to it until the weekend though.