Thread: 0per4t0r account.

Beans

0per4t0r account.

More than a year ago, I went to the forum homepage, and it said i couldn't access the page. I had no access to the site whatsoever unless I logged out. I messaged one of the forum council members, and apparently I was banned for having multiple accounts. I didn't recieve any notification whatsoever, no reason, no e-mails, no messages or anything. I did not create any other accounts than that primary 0per4t0r account (which is ironic, as I created another acount to post this ) But, my account was breached by another user who goes as Phyrrus, or W4l0ck on these forums. He was a schoolmate, who frequently watched me using my computer over my back and must've picked up my password, so he took over my account, and he eventually gave it back. Of course, it caused a lot of suspicion and confusion, and i'm sure that the administrators weren't exactly so sure if I was lying, and if I was actually the hacker, so sorry for the trouble. My account was banned shortly after that (maybe a week or a few months later, i forget.) Well, after that, i was having troubles with Ubuntu, and ended up uninstalling it, because i had nowhere to discuss my problem. After that, I became a prominent member of steam, and was disconnected from the ubuntu community for a bit more than a year.. I recently reinstalled Ubuntu, and would like to be part of the community again. So, I would be very grateful if you would merge this account with the old 0per4t0r account, and unban them. Also, would you please tell me the exact details of why i was banned, including which account was my supposed second account. The reason why it may appear that i had made an alternate account, is because I made many of my posts from my school network, which my friend also uses, and may have used to register his account. (I've had a similar issue on another forum before..)

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 0per4t0r account.

The presumed multiple accounts are the two you mentioned: Phyrrus and W4l0ck.

The 0per4t0r account was banned for posting several things in violation of forum rules, specifically rude private messages to staff. These and some very odd and sexual items in your profile. These have been removed.

I'm going to take your word for it on one condition. Please send me an email to *email address removed* from the email address used by the 0per4t0r account. When you do, I'll merge these two accounts with pleasure.
    Last edited by matthew; November 19th, 2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: removed my email address since the OP contacted me
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The presumed multiple accounts are the two you mentioned: Phyrrus and W4l0ck.

The 0per4t0r account was banned for posting several things in violation of forum rules, specifically rude private messages to staff. These and some very odd and sexual items in your profile. These have been removed.

I'm going to take your word for it on one condition. Please send me an email to matthelmke AT ubuntu DOT com from the email address used by the 0per4t0r account. When you do, I'll merge these two accounts with pleasure.
    Done.
    Yes, sorry about any offenses that happened while my account was hacked. I try to keep my passwords and personal info a lot more safe from that guy, and we've made compromises not to mess with each other's forum accounts and whatnot. So, hopefully, there won't be any more problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Okay. You should be all set. I recommend you choose a new password for this account immediately and store it safely. Best wishes.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Alright, I've changed my account email and password.
    Thanks for all of your help.
    Ubuntu User #27950
    Linux User #492594
    For Proper Viewing, Take Red Pill Now.