Thread: What does the Firefox Addon: "DownloadThemAll"? options do?

Beans

What does the Firefox Addon: "DownloadThemAll"? options do?

What is the difference between the three options given, when download files through the "DownloadThemAll" add on; "DownThemAll!", "dTa OneClick!", and save file. I read their faq, and I am still confused. What do those three options differ from each other?
    R.I.P. to you fallen soldier(s), Chivalry is dead my friend.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: What does the Firefox Addon: "DownloadThemAll"? options do?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAreHackers View Post
    What is the difference between the three options given, when download files through the "DownloadThemAll" add on; "DownThemAll!", "dTa OneClick!", and save file. I read their faq, and I am still confused. What do those three options differ from each other?
    Save file is just saving the file, if the download get interrupted (say you close firefox accidentally) then it is gone, you have to download it again.

"DownThemAll!" allows you to resume a partial download in a scenario like above. You just have to restart firefox and go to DownThemAll! > manager to resume the downlaod. I have tried resuming a day later after several reboots and it still works. It is particularly helpful if you try to download large files over not very good internet connections (like wireless with weak signal) It also supports metalinks.

"dTaIOneClick!" lets you download from all the download links in the same webpage with just one click. You can also resume partial downloads.

Beans

Thank you very much, it was imformative.
    R.I.P. to you fallen soldier(s), Chivalry is dead my friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Whichever you choose, Down them all is pretty awesome. Great for downloading iso(s) if you don't torrent.

Don't forget to mark the thread as SOLVED...
    Dell Latitude E6400 | Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz | 4GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 800 MHz | 250GB HDD 7200 RPM | NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M 512 MB
    Use a Dell E-Latitude? | I lost The Game