Thread: vlc how to take multiple snapshots like WMP?

Beans

Exclamation vlc how to take multiple snapshots like WMP?

hey ppl, does anybody know how to take multiple snapshots with vlc like windows media player does? im talking about talking sequencial snapshots and saving them into a single .jpg or .png image.

thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: vlc how to take multiple snapshots like WMP?

I don't think vlc can do that, but you can create video contact sheets with SlickSlice or Video Contact Sheet *NIX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No VLC can't but smplayer, (which is just another front-end for mplayer), has a great feature for that and works very well. It's under the video tab at the bottom marked "Preview".
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmapond View Post
    No VLC can't but smplayer, (which is just another front-end for mplayer), has a great feature for that and works very well. It's under the video tab at the bottom marked "Preview".
    smplayer is my default video player and the best imo. I never noticed it can do contact sheets tho. It always surprises me It works really well indeed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    smplayer is my default video player and the best imo. I never noticed it can do contact sheets tho. It always surprises me It works really well indeed.
    It's my default as well and has been from the beginning. I searched for nearly a week for an app that did informative sheets....little did I know that it was literally under my thumb...
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.