Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RPG games for beginner?

Beans

Re: RPG games for beginner?

two words:

planescape: torment

the best crpg i have ever played in my entire life. but you might not want to try it if:
    -you dont like long dialogues (and i mean really long)
    -you want to hack and slash most of the time

there is also one down side with planescape: torment, which is: after playing this game, you really will not get any pleasure from any other crpg
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon08 View Post
    Thanks. Would I be able to understand the story without playin the previous games?
    You'll be fine yes.
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by koleoptero View Post
    You'll be fine yes.
    And when you're done with Oblivion and want something better, play Gothic 1 and 2, we do not speak of the rest. Each game are pretty old (thus very cheap on sites like gog.com), but really offers a more lively world than I have experienced in any modern game like Oblivion or Fallout.

Beans

Fallout 1, then 2
    Forgets beths crappy spinoff, that is a different genre: Wandering sandbox genre.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

They have already mentioned them, but Knights Of The Old Republic (KOTOR) I and II, are amazing, you will love them, I have done them in all difficulty modes and with all the yedi classes, they are very good, and one noone has mentioned, Dungeon siege II. But the problem is the need of windows, I would like an RPG for linux with good graphics, not the ones from the repos, the screenshots are very poor...
    Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Beans

Sort of a note: I heard that Jade Empire is more or less Kotor and the standard RPG plot, only that its set in ancient allmythsaretrue China.

Beans

knights of the old republic.

the first, and only, RPG i've played all the way through.

very accessible and noob friendly.
    Semper Fi

My Non-Ubuntu Blog.
    All posts by me are Public Domain.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

GOG.com has a fine selection of cRPG game classics. I would personally recommend Fallout 1+2, the Baldur's Gate games, both Icewind Dale. Planescape Torment is also a must have.

All are easy to get into and addictive. I love Fallout 2, it might be over a decade old but it still has some of the best RPG experiences and the most interesting world t explore available on the computer.
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans

It's not a PC RPG (though it can be emulated), but Paper Mario is very good, espcially for beginners. It's for Nintendo 64. If you have a Wii it's on Virtual Console also. And it works in Mupen64plus. Its sequel for the Gamecube is just as good, if not better, too
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by del_diablo View Post
    Sort of a note: I heard that Jade Empire is more or less Kotor and the standard RPG plot, only that its set in ancient allmythsaretrue China.
    Jade Empire isn't nearly in the same league as Kotor... if feels and plays like a console port (I was not impressed, and that was after getting a deluxe edition in a nice metal case with beautiful art book etc... which was the highlight of the whole experience)...

Regards
    Neil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast