Thread: Image viewer that uses Fwd/Back mouse buttons?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Image viewer that uses Fwd/Back mouse buttons?

Anyone know a good image viewer that uses the forward and back mouse buttons to navigate through the current image being displayed?

I know a lot of threads talk about mapping these buttons and assigning keystrokes to them but the extra mouse buttons currently work in Firefox so doesn't that mean they are already mapped? I don't really want to mess around with that config file if it's already set up right.
    Q6600 Quad Core @2.4GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4GB DDR1066 DDR2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Image viewer that uses Fwd/Back mouse buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon421 View Post
    Anyone know a good image viewer that uses the forward and back mouse buttons to navigate through the current image being displayed?

I know a lot of threads talk about mapping these buttons and assigning keystrokes to them but the extra mouse buttons currently work in Firefox so doesn't that mean they are already mapped? I don't really want to mess around with that config file if it's already set up right.
    I use viewnior

http://xsisqox.gith*******/Viewnior/index.html

It has the arrow buttons you want; renders most images, including tiff.

/luigi

Beans
    Distro

Your link is broken. I found the repository for Viewnior and added it though. Sorry for the confusion but I think you misunderstood my question.

It does have the navigation arrows but so does just about every other image viewer. I am looking for a way to trigger the same command as those forward and back arrow buttons in the interface by using the 4th & 5th mouse buttons.

Beans
    Distro

Just wanted to add that the extra mouse buttons are working in Nautilus for navigating back and forth from the current and previous open folder. If that works then I don't think it has anything to do with mapping the buttons but all the similar problems/solutions I can find involve mapping the mouse buttons.

Anyone know how to make a script to capture the forward/back button clicks and use that to trigger the next/previous image buttons on the toolbar of Shotwell or any other GNOME image viewer?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I made a post some time back that it would be nice if Image Viewer allowed you to run a slideshow with only mouse control. Since it is already one of the best viewers around, it wouldn't take much more to make it really a premium piece of software. I'm a bit disappointed these enhancements have not made it into the one distroed with 12.04.

Rightclick: go forward one slide
    Leftclick: go back one slide
    Centerclick: end slide show

Scrollwheel: zoom, but with one enhancement; namely that forward and backward notches on the wheel would have unequal levels of zoom. That way, by rocking it back and forth, we could get essentially infinite zoom levels instead of stepped ones, just by using the wheel.
    I just want to run modern apps under Mac O/S 9 on a PC. But I can't. So here I am.