Thread: Login PassWord Failed Multi-Times

Beans

Wink Login PassWord Failed Multi-Times

Dear Ubuntu users,
    I just started testing this distribution and suddenly after install things were working ok, I patched the box and the password authentication at GUI login keeps asking for the password more than one time, after typing it a few times it takes it, i know my password so I would let you know ahead of time that it is nothing related to typing the wrong password. Sometimes when I type it slowly it works after two tries. It is annoying when you know the password is right, BTW I am running the desktop version 10.10 with latest updates/patches. I am starting to think that this is a bug of some sort. Wish it could be fix. My first time using Ubuntu and honestly I like what I see besides that little glitch. I think I will be dumping Windows from this point forward.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Login PassWord Failed Multi-Times

Haven't noticed that.

I do have problems with "fat-fingering" keys on the keyboard when typing really fast.

Does it happen if you type yer password slowly?
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

While you're logged in, open gedit or openoffice and see if your keyboard is ok, i.e. none of its buttons is stuck, malfunctioning or something.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Haven't noticed that.

I do have problems with "fat-fingering" keys on the keyboard when typing really fast.

Does it happen if you type yer password slowly?

Call me crazy, but I just rebooted the machine three times and it took the password right away. I will keep monitoring this, but I believe it may be a bug associated with .Xauthority on something along those lines. I will post back if the same behaviour appear. Thank you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TeoBigusGeekus View Post
    While you're logged in, open gedit or openoffice and see if your keyboard is ok, i.e. none of its buttons is stuck, malfunctioning or something.

I tried that and everything appears to be fine, I will report back if it happens again. Thank you for the awesome support. I am a happy ubuntu user, I LOVE YOU UBUNTU!