Thread: Ubuntu tweak stopped working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Ubuntu tweak stopped working

I have a computer running 8.04.4. After a large number of updates, I can no longer run ubuntu-tweak correctly. The program states "This feature is only available in Gnome Desktop Environment" on most of the items.
    I am POSITIVE that I am running the Gnome desktop.

Also, when I reload the repositories I receive the following error:
    Code:
    W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY (then a hexadecimal number)
    Are these two things tied to each other possibly?

Thank you for any input.
    Laptop - Lenovo-IdeaPad-S340-15IWL,i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD , 20.04 Linux Mint
    Desktop - Lenovo ThinkCentre M81 Intel Core i7--2600 3.8GHz, 8GB DDR3 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, 16.04 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Ubuntu tweak stopped working

It says in their about page that Ubuntu Tweak always follows the latest Ubuntu release. Are you running the latest version of the Gnome desktop ?

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/about/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thumbs down Re: Ubuntu tweak stopped working

Or if it is an option for you just upgrade to 10.10, it really makes a difference. after almost killing myself because of the usual video driver problems, i have had the luck of getting things configured the way i want and now i am a happy Ubuntu 10.10 owner.

Beans
    Distro

Thanx for the replies. This computer was setup as a login file server. We sort of set it and forgot it, as it was working to perfection for the application it was used for.
    After doing updates yesterday (it is still 8.04), ubuntu tweak just will not work.
    I was using ubuntu-tweak to lockdown the computer and only offer "Logoff" as the prompt when clicking the shutdown icon.

Is there another way to do this in gconf-editor?
    Laptop - Lenovo-IdeaPad-S340-15IWL,i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD , 20.04 Linux Mint
    Desktop - Lenovo ThinkCentre M81 Intel Core i7--2600 3.8GHz, 8GB DDR3 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, 16.04 64bit

Beans
    Distro

Ok Found most of the entries in gconf-editor. The last one I am looking for is "Show home folder as desktop", but can not find it.
    Anybody know where this setting is located?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy Re: Ubuntu tweak stopped working

I am baffled, i can't help you there... sorry
    try to google it maybe...