Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixed my Ralink RT2860 Wireless in 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Fixed my Ralink RT2860 Wireless in 10.10

Thanks, this solved the problem I was facing.

For the benefit of those who might be facing the same problem, it was not that I could not connect to my wireless network, but that it was extremely unstable and would alternate between connected and disconnected. Of course, this was completely unacceptable. I suppose something's wrong with those modules running together.

Beans

Hallo everybody, I am a new forum user. I have a problem with Ralink RT2860 on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit. The PC is HP-020it. The OS recognize the wifi card and find the wifi network, ask me for network password over and over but never get connected. Does anybody have advice?

Thx a lot in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'd like to thank TBABill for his initial post for this fix, it worked great for fixing my router connection problem, I had a connection already with Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit but I decided to go to the 64 bit version and this was such an easy fix to implement. I did do a reboot after and as soon as I logged back in I had and instant connection.

My problem was the same as what most of you mentioned, I could see the card, my computer recognized it, I could see the various networks but I just couldn't connect to any network and it kept asking over and over for my wpa2 password even tho I had provided it. By adding those 5 lines to the blacklist, I got it up and connected, yay!!

Beans

If you have done this when you upgrade to 11.10 your wireless might not work (or at least mine didn't). Commenting out the lines added to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf will fix it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123