Thread: Solve the math above you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Solve the math above you.

I got a lot of problem on math. Now i want everyone to play a math game.
    You have to solve the math problem above you and include another math problem and let someone solve it.

hint: use very-high-level programming language to help yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Solve the math above you.

Let's start:
    9999^99+99999999^999999999

Beans

54/32-34-2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

-34.3125 (if you wanted a different answer you should have been more specific with your brackets, not sure about your '102' either, think answer might be closer to infinity than 0 really. (102 practically is 0 when compared to infinity.))

How many basketballs will it take for team A to beat team B by full time if team A has half of Team B's score at half time? Hint: Yep, they are just playing basketball.
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

One. Only one basketball is required to continue the game, regardless of the ultimate score.

Calculating Risk:

A criminal is given three rooms in which to serve the term of his incarceration.

In the first room, there is a rotating flame thrower that incinerates everything in a random 1/4 of the volume of the room every three seconds.

In the second room are 10 crazed gunmen with unlimited ammunition.

In the third room are ten tigers that have not eaten in three years.

Which room presents the least risk to the criminal?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro

Perhaps if the flame thrower is rotating slowly enough I could stay on the opposite side of its pivot from the nozzle but the oxygen in the room will not be very plentiful (pending ventilation) and there are other reasons to frown on (or be terribly concerned for) anyone choosing this room.

10 crazed gunmen may have gotten bored and started shooting each other. It only takes one of them to pose a significant threat though and the likelihood is that one or more have survived and this room doesn't seem best to me either.

Tigers died of starvation, perhaps one is left if they cannibalised each other in a fairly structured sort of a way but he will be so weak from hunger that he isn't that great a threat any more.

I am going to chance it with the (hopefully) emaciated tiger(s).

If you have 12 baker's dozens of eggs and someone makes an omelette with 11 of them how many eggs are going to hatch?
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro

@robsoles: Your questions suck so bad, man, your last one certainly doesn't deserve an answer.

Here, this one might be worthy of posting:

Taking the Fibonacci sequence from 0 thru to 832040 (ie., 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,........,832040) what is the sum result of adding all odd numbers and subtracting all even numbers? As exercise B, what would the answer be if the accumulator was only a 16 bit unsigned integer?

As exercise C: Post working code in C or BASIC which simultaneously calculates the Fibonacci sequence and the results both real and bit limited using no tables and only one loop.