Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32 bit support on 64 bit systems ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 32 bit support on 64 bit systems ?

Quote Originally Posted by houseworkshy View Post
    Wow this tread came back to life while I wasn't around. Thanks for your efforts Soy. Was the game good to play? I've got a duel drive pc so may put 32 bit 10.10 on the other ( to replace 9.04) whilst sticking to the current 64bit amd lts on my main working drive. As 64 bit is clearly not as compatable with 32 bit programs as I'd have expected I may do it for more than the sake of this game. As I darn't risk an unstable system ( I also work on this machine ) it may be the only safe way for truculent 32 bit programs.
    I see the source is available, perhaps you could compile it for 64-bit?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Re: 32 bit support on 64 bit systems ?

I'm not at the compileing level. Someday when I have a lot of free time I may grab a step by step guide for idiots and have a go. Quite some time away yet. Many years ago I enjoyed playing with spectrum basic and later used dos and but that's it. There was a taste of cobal and pascal at college which didn't regester somehow, nor did fourth ( white lightning ) which a friend told me was really easy....not for me. Don't have a computer wizz type mind.
    I have been playing with a bit of python and from what little I've seen so far it looks like one that I can get my head round so learning that is my next computer learning task. Despite having used Ubuntu for a while and not being quite a beginner I've still a lot to learn about linux itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123