Thread: Blank Icon space on Starling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Blank Icon space on Starling

On my Starling with 10.04 my desktop has these huge icons for each program in the favorites part of the menu. I have added some and taken away some. They are not rearrangeable. At one point a blank space appeared at the end and as I took away Icons and added more it started to move towards the front of the line. I tried deleting them all and then replacing them with the result that I have this blank space on the upper left corner of my menu. Any Idea how to get rid of it?
    Last edited by nealaustin; November 9th, 2010 at 03:56 AM.

Beans

Re: Blank Icon space on Starling

The Favorites configuration seems to be in the gconf-editor key "/apps/netbook-launcher/favorites". The corresponding location in the file system is "~/.gconf/apps/netbook-launcher/favorites/".

You might see if anything looks unusual there.

Make changes at your own risk. If you break something, I don't know if it's easy to fix.

Beans
    Distro

I have a long history of breaking things. Thanks though, anyone with an easy fix?

Beans
    Distro

Finally figured out how to fix the missing Icon/Button. I removed all of the icons in the favorites menu. Powered down and then restarted. It priorly didn't work that way with a simple restart. One Icon appeared upon the restart and It was a earth (network or whatever) I then added my favorite programs in the order that I wanted and during that process I removed the earth icon and now all is good with no empty spaces.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I just removed UNE last night for 10.10 so I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe in System>Preferences>Main Menu you can edit the order of the favorited programs.
    Ubuntu user since Dec. 2008, User #485010.