** Updated for fglrx-installer 8.801 **
Alberto Milone has just uploaded fglrx to the natty build queue.
** Updated for Catalyst 10.12 **
No official support for kernels >= 2.6.36, but according to Arch the patches are the same. Steps below will work until x-swat is updated, attached files are updated for 10.12
** Manual patching instructions updated for Catalyst 10.12, fglrx 8.801 **
kerneldriver, another fglrx breakage. Nice!
However, this time round all the hard work has been done as there's already a patch out here: http://www.cosmicencounter.net/mirro...ema_init.patch
Credit for the patches as always to Arch and Gentoo. This process is mine, though!
1) Download and extract 10.12 from AMD.
2) Apply 2.6.36 patch
3) Apply sema_init patch
4) Apply makefile patch
5) Build packages
1) Once downloaded:
$ chmod +x ati-driver-installer-10-12-x86.x86_64.run
$ ./ati-driver-installer-10-12-x86.x86_64.run --extract [name of directory e.g. ~/temp/ati]
This will extract the files so we can patch and build manually.
2) You need to apply the patch from here. Find the relevant sections in [extracted files dir]/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c and add in those from the patch. Or, use the attached pre-patched version of firegl-public.c, just replace the old version.
3) Apply the patch from here to firegl_public.c (again, the attached version is already done).
4) The makefile in common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x needs to be patched with this. A pre-patched version is attached.
5) In the folder you extracted the files (let's call it ~/temp/ati/) run:
$ ./ati-installer.sh 8.801 --buildpkg Ubuntu/natty
This will place packages in ~/temp/
6) In ~/temp/ (or wherever you put the files):
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
If you haven't already got an xorg.conf you will need to run:
$ sudo aticonfig --initial
All should be well again!
(Bug report for 10.10 is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/672127)