Thread: Pidgin keeps opening new instances

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Pidgin keeps opening new instances

Normally if I click the close button in Pidgin, the window just disappears.
    And if I try to start Pidgin again by clicking it in the menu, it would just bring up the instance that I had already opened.

But suddenly it behaves different now...
    If I close the buddy list, all chat windows also close, but Pidgin keeps running (I can tell by running "pidof pidgin").
    And if I click Pidgin in the menu, it opens a new instance, and the old one keeps running.

Don't really know if it matters, but I removed the indicator-messages package, because I don't want the envelope icon to show up in the notification area, just the battery icon is enough for me.
    I already tried all options for the tray icon in the Pidgin preferences (Always, Never, On unread messages) and it doesn't make any difference.
    Normally you would need to run "pidgin -m" to be able to start multiple instances, but I have the opposite problem apparently...
    "To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up a Windows box, you just need to work on it"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Re: Pidgin keeps opening new instances

... Someone? ..... Please..?
    "To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up a Windows box, you just need to work on it"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Cool Re: Pidgin keeps opening new instances

Sometimes it opens a new instance and sometimes it just opens the existing one again (as it's supposed to)...
    Don't think there's a logical explanation for this problem.