Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus U43JC

Beans

Re: Asus U43JC

Hey guys, thanks for the info.

Well, my hibernation isn't working, it just stays on a black screen and doesn't turn off...

As for the touchpad, the fix doesn't seem to work, it's already applied but yet my two finger click still does the right click...oh well

Btw, fighting with unity too ^^ How the heck do u open two instances of the same program?

beew is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Someone claims he has a solution to the Optimnus problem on Nvidia's Linux forum.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162171

Don't know if it works or how well it works.

Beans

gravufo, haven't really tested hibernation yet.

As to the the two-finger-right-click configuration, apparently those two particular touchpad settings weren't included in Natty's gnome-settings-daemon. Furthermore, yurivkhan's PPA hasn't been updated to support Natty with Unity, apparently. In any case, a quick search turned up this PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~o.shybystyi/+...s-daemon-natty

It should do what we need, though I haven't tested it yet.

beew, interesting link, but that requires leaving the nvidia card on, which as far as I'm concerned is unacceptable because it drains the battery all the time. I find it simpler to just boot into Video Game Mode (i.e, Windows if I feel the need to do some Portal jumping. (Ahh, the good ol' days of bootable games...)

[edit]By the way, I tested the DSDT.hex disabling mechanism and it still works as in Maverick.[/edit]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    Someone claims he has a solution to the Optimnus problem on Nvidia's Linux forum.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162171

Don't know if it works or how well it works.
    yes it works but has some issues.

Beans

Hey Guys,
    Great instructions. Thanks a lot.

Has nvidia-g210m-acpi stopped working for anyone else?

It worked great for a couple of months, but has recently stopped working. Now I'm running at about 16W until I do the acpi_call manually by:

$ echo '\_SB.PCI0.RP00.VGA._PS3' | sudo tee -a /proc/acpi/call
    $ cat /proc/acpi/call
    Then it is back down to 11W or 12W. That means acpi_call is working right?

I tried checking if nvidia-g210m-acpi is loaded, by doing "lsmod | grep g210", and it is.
    Any ideas?

Beans

jonno, I've just installed it in Natty, and can confirm it's working properly. Have you tried uninstalling the dkms module and installing it again (basically just redoing what's described in the howto)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by arbrandes View Post
    jonno, I've just installed it in Natty, and can confirm it's working properly. Have you tried uninstalling the dkms module and installing it again (basically just redoing what's described in the howto)?
    Thanks Arbrandes,
    I haven't tried that yet. Is this the correct section of the howto?

$ sudo dkms remove -m nvidia-g210m-acpi -v 0.1.0 --all
    $ sudo dkms add -m nvidia-g210m-acpi -v 0.1.0
    $ sudo dkms build -m nvidia-g210m-acpi -v 0.1.0
    $ sudo dkms install -m nvidia-g210m-acpi -v 0.1.0
    $ echo nvidia_g210m_acpi | sudo tee -a /etc/modules

Beans

Yup, that's it. Also make sure that the patch is properly applied (it's the step right above it in the Howto).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by arbrandes View Post
    Yup, that's it. Also make sure that the patch is properly applied (it's the step right above it in the Howto).
    Tried uninstalling nvidia_g210m_acpi last night, and re downloading, patching and installing. It didn't seem to make any difference.

When I reboot, power usage is high, acpi call is loaded and nvidia_g210m_acpi is loaded. When I test acpi call manually, it works, and power usage drops.

Could there be something else interfering with it?

Beans

I'm not sure what else could be wrong, jonno. As I wrote, it has worked well for me for both Maverick and Natty. Are you sure you're booting the right kernel?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast