Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Phone?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hman242 View Post
    Because of this, it will need at least 16GB of onboard memory.
    Any reason in particular it has to be onboard? If you get any Android phone, it will not have 16 GB of onboard memory, but it'll usually have an 8 GB or 16 GB MicroSD card that can be expanded up to 32 GB.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hman242 View Post
    I didn't know about poor battery life on Androids, thanks for that information.
    Android phones don't have bad battery life, not more so than similarly specced smartphones running on other OS'. Just charge it when you go to bed and you'll be fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    Any reason in particular it has to be onboard? If you get any Android phone, it will not have 16 GB of onboard memory, but it'll usually have an 8 GB or 16 GB MicroSD card that can be expanded up to 32 GB.
    Well, as long as it come with 16GB I will happy. It doesn't necessarily need to be onboard, it could come with a MicroSD. Some of the phones I've been looking at actually come with a 16GB MicroSD, like the HD2 I list below.

The Androids I've been looking have been pretty appealing. I'm currently looking at the HTC and Motorola Droid phones.
    Last edited by Hman242; November 7th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
    - Stay Gold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12