Thread: No such file or directory

Beans

Angry No such file or directory

I recently updated from lucid to maverick. I was running Helix Media server on my lucid. After update when I tried to run the server I got the below mentioned error.
    bash: /.mbrs1400-ga-linux-rhel5.bin: No such file or directory

I also removed the KDE desktop and a lots of unused applications after update. So not sure if its because of the update.

I tried to reinstall the Helix server and I am getting the same error when i try to execute the executable file.

I was executing the same file before upgrade. I have rights to execute the files.

ls -l displays the file.
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 navis navis 34282276 mbrs1400-ga-linux-rhel5.bin
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 navis navis 34171327 mbrs1400-ga-linux-rhel5.tar.gz

I came across a similar issue in some forum and found that installation ia32-libs solved this issue. But I am not able to install ia32-libs. Its not available in the Synaptic Package manager. In need of help. Thanks in Advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: No such file or directory

ia32-libs is in the universe repository; make sure you have it enabled, then run sudo apt-get update.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by naveenyes View Post
    I recently updated from lucid to maverick. I was running Helix Media server on my lucid. After update when I tried to run the server I got the below mentioned error.

I also removed the KDE desktop and a lots of unused applications after update. So not sure if its because of the update.

I tried to reinstall the Helix server and I am getting the same error when i try to execute the executable file.

I was executing the same file before upgrade. I have rights to execute the files.

ls -l displays the file.
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 navis navis 34282276 mbrs1400-ga-linux-rhel5.bin
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 navis navis 34171327 mbrs1400-ga-linux-rhel5.tar.gz

I came across a similar issue in some forum and found that installation ia32-libs solved this issue. But I am not able to install ia32-libs. Its not available in the Synaptic Package manager. In need of help. Thanks in Advance.
    Packages compiled for 32-bit platforms will not run on 64-bit systems.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

@oldos2er - universe repository is enabled. Still I am not able to find ia32-libs.
    @dcstar - I run 32 bit Ubuntu.
    uname -a
    Linux <hostName> 2.6.35-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 26 17:03:18 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

And the application was working before i updated to maverick, removed KDE desktop completely and removed a lots of unused applications.
    As I run the 32 bit version, I believe i should not need the ia32-libs. Waiting for help. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

ia32-libs: Description: ia32 shared libraries for use on amd64 and ia64 systems
    This package contains runtime libraries for the ia32/i386
    architecture, configured for use on an amd64 or ia64 Debian system running
    a 64-bit kernel.

So that's probably why it's not in the 32-bit repos. Try http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?ke...ck&section=all

Beans

I got the same problem today.
    Same error message showed up when I was executing mbrs1401-ga-linux-rhel5.bin in Ubuntu 10.04.
    It was my first time installing Helix. And I did not remove any application.