Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the hell
    Beans
    294
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Lightbulb HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    The following tutorial is about how to make eGalax Touchscreen working on Ubuntu 10.10.

    Here you are ...

    Samiux

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Thank you, that works perfectly

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Unfortunately, it still does not work for me.
    I have a HP TX1220us, and my lsusb output shows the same info as yours. When I touch my screen with the stylus, the cursor jumps up to the top left corner, and will not move. I cannot finish the calibration because I cannot touch the cross-hairs. This is the same behavior I have with a fresh install of 10.10.
    Any ideas? Any configs or output you would need to see?
    Thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the hell
    Beans
    294
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by mising View Post
    Unfortunately, it still does not work for me.
    I have a HP TX1220us, and my lsusb output shows the same info as yours. When I touch my screen with the stylus, the cursor jumps up to the top left corner, and will not move. I cannot finish the calibration because I cannot touch the cross-hairs. This is the same behavior I have with a fresh install of 10.10.
    Any ideas? Any configs or output you would need to see?
    Thank you
    Did you complete Step 4 to 6?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Actually after a little more poking around, I found this:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/625511

    Basically, there are some extra entries in the kernel that confuse
    the touchscreen and have been fixed in the 2.6.37rc1 kernel.
    I updated my kernel to 2.6.37rc2 and voila! touch screen works,
    but not very accurate. So after performing your steps again,
    I just have to work on tweaking the calibration. Its great in the center,
    but off by about half an inch at the edges.
    Overall, YAY!
    Thanks again

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the hell
    Beans
    294
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by mising View Post
    Actually after a little more poking around, I found this:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/625511

    Basically, there are some extra entries in the kernel that confuse
    the touchscreen and have been fixed in the 2.6.37rc1 kernel.
    I updated my kernel to 2.6.37rc2 and voila! touch screen works,
    but not very accurate. So after performing your steps again,
    I just have to work on tweaking the calibration. Its great in the center,
    but off by about half an inch at the edges.
    Overall, YAY!
    Thanks again
    Thanks for your information.

    However, mine (Gigabyte TouchNote T1028X) is working fine with my settings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Calibrated!
    Had to paste the results from xinput_calibrator into /etc/X11/xorg.conf also.

    Know how to activate right-click with stylus?

    Thanks again for the great tutorial!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    5

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Hi,

    first - good job, thank you.

    Anyway, my issue seems to be little different - my eGalax Touch screen is connected via PS/2 interface (Umid mbook SE aka Unkyo BX407A4). I followed your steps carrefully, but no success.

    Do you have any idea how to modify your "howto?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the hell
    Beans
    294
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: HOWTO : eGalax Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by viktorh View Post
    Hi,

    first - good job, thank you.

    Anyway, my issue seems to be little different - my eGalax Touch screen is connected via PS/2 interface (Umid mbook SE aka Unkyo BX407A4). I followed your steps carrefully, but no success.

    Do you have any idea how to modify your "howto?
    Sorry, I have no idea for PS/2 interface.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •