Thread: Music Apps are invading my menu icons!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Music Apps are invading my menu icons!

Running Ubuntu 10.10 64bit on Serp4.

This is by far the weirdest bug I have ever encountered. Three music programs have done this so far, and it's happened using Pulse or just Alsa.

To put it simply, randomly a music program will be launched if I use a menu link from the Applications Places System menu, and sometimes other areas as well. I can open up a game, or system monitor, or gimp, instead I will get a music program.

This first happened with Amarok. I ended up with over a dozen Amarok/KDE related services right away, and had to do a hard restart and then completely remove Amarok to get it to stop.

Same thing with Exaile. No big deal, these are all extra apps, I can always use Rhythmobx, right?

Nope! Now Rhythmbox is doing this too. I have no idea how this is happening, but I'm pretty tired of trying to open my Documents folder only to get a Rhythmbox screen instead.

To clarify on the randomness of this. It does not occur in the fashion that 9/10 times I click on Documents, it opens normal, but in that rare instance I get a music app instead. Once this issue starts with a music app, it doesn't stop unless completely removed, even if I restart my system. This is random in the sense that I cannot find anything that could trigger this kind of behavior, across 3 apps and 2 sound servers.

Help?!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thinman1189; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added logs