Thread: [GNOME-Panel] How-to restore volume indicator (+ Remove Universal Access Preferences)

Beans

Unhappy [GNOME-Panel] How-to restore volume indicator (+ Remove Universal Access Preferences)

Hello

About a week ago I removed a program from ubuntu by accident. Which one I can't remember but I'm positive it had something to do with volume/sound. Since that day my volume indicator in the notification area is gone.

I searched for the internet for a solution to solve this but all the results indicate the same... "add the notification area to your panel". Since this is already the case I don't really know what to do or to solve this.

Because I still was using 10.04 I thought that maybe upgrading to 10.10 would help. Sadly for me this wasn't the case.

So to clearify what I want to restore:

Another question for which I want to use this thread for is how do I remove the "Universal Access Preferences" icon from the panel?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: [GNOME-Panel] How-to restore volume indicator (+ Remove Universal Access Preferen

Possibly you removed indicator-sound. Check in synaptic that it is installed - if nto install it.

You might have removed the applet itself - sort of appears to be so - right click the panel - add to panel - Indicator Applet

Not sure about the universal access thing - check sys- preferences - assissitive tech - see if they have been enabled
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans

Re: [GNOME-Panel] How-to restore volume indicator (+ Remove Universal Access Preferen

Thank you! This worked for me!

Beans

@forestpiskie

Thank you very much! I indeed removed the sound indicator at synaptic by accident.

About universal access icon in the panel I checked but nothing was turned on. I also noticted that it was located in the startup programs (wasn't turned on however, but now just removed it from the startup program list). I'm now gonne check if it helped by a reboot. See in a bit.

Beans

Ah fixed the universal access icon also. I had enabled a option in the "System->Preferences->Keyboard->Accessibility" tab.