Thread: Repositories for 8.04 Dell 1210 ?

Beans

Repositories for 8.04 Dell 1210 ?

I am trying to help a friend who has a Dell Inspiron Mini 12 (1210) - which has been discontinued by Dell. It is still running Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy).
    What are the URLs for the correct repositories for this OS version ? They seem to have changed and I can't connect to the repositories correctly.

Has anyone here successfully upgraded one of these machines to Ubuntu 10.x ? Are there known issues with video playback - I have a suspicion the graphics chips in this laptop are not that great...?

Thanks for any tips...

AM

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Repositories for 8.04 Dell 1210 ?

Quote Originally Posted by am577 View Post
    I am trying to help a friend who has a Dell Inspiron Mini 12 (1210) - which has been discontinued by Dell. It is still running Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy).
    What are the URLs for the correct repositories for this OS version ? They seem to have changed and I can't connect to the repositories correctly.

Has anyone here successfully upgraded one of these machines to Ubuntu 10.x ? Are there known issues with video playback - I have a suspicion the graphics chips in this laptop are not that great...?

Thanks for any tips...

AM

Hardy is still supported until 2011 by canonical, so you should be able to use the default repo's. Have a look here:
    http://tuxicity.wordpress.com/source...rdy-heron-810/

No idea about the specifics for that machine, but before doing an upgrade I always test with a livecd.