Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you use P2P/Bittorrent Programs ?

Beans

Re: Do you use P2P/Bittorrent Programs ?

gtk-gnutella all the way.
    If you are having trouble and need help...or just bored and want somebody to talk to, feel free to message me on any of the IM clients listed in the profile .

Beans
    Hidden!

A remotely controlled MLDonkey all the way. I don't like that program, but it's powerful.
    With the Bittorrent and Edonkey (incl Overnet/Kademlia) plugins.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Azureus, used it for years, when I switched to Linux, yay a Linux version!. I find it quite seed friendly, I like keep track of how much Ive seeded.
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Beans

yes i p2p and torrent

i mostly download television programs from torrents and stream them elsewhere in my house to watch. i don't think this illegal. i don't download a lot of music but i think where i live the illegality is in distributing them, not in downloading.

i use:
    frostwire
    azureus
    rtorrent

like joselin i too have a computer dedicated to that sole purpose.
    I WAS BORN READY!

my headless bt machine:
    -- 400 mhz, 128 mb ram, 60 gig hd
    -- ubuntu server + fluxbox + azureus downloading constantly. files that finish get moved to the "completed" folder
    -- samba server shares the "completed" folder and the "torrent" folder with my network, with r/w access. when i want to dl something, i just throw the torrent in the torrent share, and azureus autoscans/starts it. once something shows up in the completed folder, i check the quality and then move it to my mythtv box.

this summer i'm going to drop flux and azureus and switch to rtorrent to save resources. im then going to write a script that would scan the completed folder every hour, and if something is new, i'd get a notification on my cell phone that it finished.

moving p2p off to another machine is so nice, especially bc multiple open torrents is a bastard to my other machine i was running it on.

now i just need to find out how to set up streamripper + streamtuner in some command line fashion so i can have new mp3s constantly coming in

Beans

When i get time amule & bittorent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123